Multani Mitti aka fuller’s earth can be very beneficial if you want to get glowing skin. You just only need to add these 5 ingredients to it.
If you’re looking for some homemade solutions to add glow to your face, there’s nothing better than Multani Mitti aka fuller’s earth. It helps you to get rid of tan, acne, and blemishes, thereby leaving with you refreshed skin. All in all, it works wonders on your skin, especially if you add these 5 ingredients to it, it has tons of cleansing and glowing benefits.
Dr Rinky Kapoor, Consultant Dermatologist, Cosmetic Dermatologist & Dermato-Surgeon, The Esthetic Clinics, tells HealthShots, “A legacy from the culture rich land of Multan, Multani Mitti, or fuller’s earth benefits the skin in many many ways. From glowing skin to controlling acne, Multani Mitti can be safely used on all skin types.”
So, do you want to know about those 5 ingredients which can help you get glowing skin quickly? If so, check out these DIY face masks.
Here are some tried and test Multani Mitti face packs for your skin
1. Add lemon juice if you have oily skin
Multani Mitti absorbs all excess oil from the skin and cleanses the skin. Plus it boosts blood circulation which can help the skin to stay healthy. Adding lemon juice to it can provide your skin with vitamin C and antioxidants that helps to keep skin even toned and soothe irritated skin.
To use it:
* Mix 1 tablespoon of fuller’s earth with rose water and lemon juice.
* Apply the smooth paste on the face and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
* Rinse with cool water.
* You can use this pack twice a week.
2. Add neem powder if you have acne
Multani Mitti deep cleans the pores and removes the acne causing bacteria. And because neem powder has anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it can help remove acne and acne scars when mixed with Multani Mitti.
Here is how to use it:
* Mix 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti with 1 tablespoon of neem powder, 1 tablespoon of nutmeg powder, 2 tablespoons of raw honey, and 1 or 2 drops of apple cider vinegar.
* Use this thick paste and spread it evenly on the face and neck.
* Wash once dry.
* You can use this face pack once a week.
3. Add amla powder for fairer skin
Multani Mitti has great cooling properties and if you mix it with amla to prepare a face mask, it will become high in collagen content that will keep your skin firm and soft. Moreover, amla is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C which can brighten up your skin and lighten your complexion.
You can use it by:
* Mix 1 tablespoon Multani Mitti with 1 tablespoon amla powder, some papaya/strawberry pulp, and rose water to make a thick paste.
* Apply on face and neck evenly and wash when dry.
* Use this pack twice a week.
4. Add coffee for a healthy skin
Coffee is a wonderful ingredient for the skin. It is an excellent exfoliator and helps stimulate blood flow. Therefore, it can help in adding glow to your face, reduce acne, and remove impurities, making it shiny and smooth.
Here’s how to use it:
* Take 1 tablespoon of coffee powder, 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti, 1 teaspoon of green tea, 1 tablespoon of raw milk
* Apply this mixture on your face for 10 minutes.
* Rinse it off with water.
* Do this once a week.
5. Add coconut water to remove sun tan
Multani Mitti helps fight blemishes and reduces tan and pigmentation. Adding coconut water in Multani Mitti can make the mask refreshing and hydrating and will nourish your skin.
Make a pack by:
* Mix one 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti with 2 tablespoons of coconut water.
* Apply on face and neck and other tanned areas
* And let it sit for 15 minutes
* Wash with cool water
* Use this pack every second day.
Multani Mitti can be drying to the skin, therefore make sure you use a good moisturizer and SPF on the skin. Do a patch test before using it in the face packs.