The spokesperson addressing a briefing said since last year alone the US balloons have illegally flown above China more than 10 times without any approval from Chinese authorities, according to a media report
Following a week back, the US shot down a suspected Chinese spy balloon. China’s foreign ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin blames the US for entering the airspace of China.
The spokesperson addressing a briefing said since last year alone the US balloons have illegally flown above China more than 10 times without any approval from Chinese authorities, according to a media report.
It added that the country shooting down our balloon should also mark its own uncommon action.
Earlier after the balloon detection, China’s foreign ministry spokeswoman, Mao Ning stated China is a responsible country and acts in accordance with international law.
She added, we nowhere hold an intention to violate other countries’ sovereignty and airspace.
Ning confirmed the unmanned airship belonged to China and clarified it was of civilian nature and was meant to be used for flight tests.
She backlashed the ‘spy- balloon’ tag, it was only due to the weather and limited self-steering capability the balloon got carried in America, she added.
Meanwhile, the US State Department on Thursday released details about China’s high-altitude “balloon surveillance program”.
It added China’s balloon spy operations are carried out by the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), using technology manufactured by a firm that has a direct relationship with China’s military.
However, with each passing day, the balloon shot down is triggering the ties between the US and China over sensitive military matters.