Vacations can sometimes be really harsh on your skin. Get rid of all that tanning with this super simple and amazingly effective tomato and rice flour scrub, and let your skin breathe!
Well, I just went to Goa and once you return, there is one thing that you get for sure — a deadly tan. Sigh! Hate it or love it, but you just can’t ignore it; if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, my tan was so bad that even my dead skin started peeling off.
Of course, I have tried those de-tan scrubs but they are chemicals at the end of the day. For my dry and sensitive skin, I wanted something which is much more nourishing. Thankfully, my MIL (mother-in-law) came to my rescue when she heard of my tanning saga, and her hack worked like a magic pill. That’s why I wanted to share it with all of you, so that you won’t struggle just like me.
Saasu maa special DIY de-tan scrub
You just need two things for this de-tan scrub.
- A hard tomato
- Rice powder (a teaspoon)
Here’s how you have to use this de-tan scrub
- Cut the tomato in half
- On the inner side of the tomato, sprinkle some rice powder
- Cleanse the affected skin
- And gently scrub the tomato on the tanned area
- After 4 to 5 minutes, rinse it off with normal tap water
And voila! See your tan disappear slowly and steadily. Of course, I was weirdly tanned, so I used this scrub twice a week and continued for a month. Trust me when I say this, post using this tomato and rice powder de-tan scrub, my skin has also turned supple.
What makes tomato and rice powder a perfect de-tan scrub?
Well, if I talk about myself then, here are some changes that I experienced in my skin after using this tomato and rice de-tan scrub:
- Of course, I saw a reduction in my tanning. This is because tomato is known to remove dead skin and it’s an amazing exfoliator as well. The seeds of the tomato also act as an exfoliating agent.
- You know I’ve always heard that tomatoes are a natural sunscreen, but now I believe it too. After using this de-tan scrub, I have been skipping my sunscreen and what I have noticed is there’s still no tanning at all. I read that this is because of lycopene, which is present in tomatoes, and protects your skin from UV rays.
- Sunburn makes your skin burn and flaky. But if you take the help of rice flour, you can save yourself from this. Rice flour is known to soothe the skin and also helps calm that burning sensation that I felt after getting tanned.
Why must you get a de-tan post-beach visit?
If you are like me, who literally doesn’t pay heed to their skin, even if it’s going out of whack, you are in serious trouble. A skincare routine is always needed and when you cross the threshold of 30, it becomes all the more important.
Not getting a de-tan can literally wreck your skin. If not corrected properly, you can get permanent scarring on your skin and even pigmentation. And it can be so severe that clinical treatments will be your only option.
Also, the damage that tan will cause to your skin is at times irreversible and I neither want it for you nor for me. So, if you are planning a beach trip, ensure that you step into your home with these two ingredients to treat your skin.
Well, my MIL’s trick has done wonders for me, and I hope the same for you. I wish happy de-tanning to all!